Just a very short post to show you the macro setup I used for the shots in the previous post. It might be difficult to visualize just what it looks like so here’s an extremely bad picture to show you that.

I took this with my wife’s point and shoot – not the best camera in the world but it’s pink and can be used under water, so it’s kind of fun in its own right. Anyways, you can see that there’s quite a lot of stuff stuck to the camera. We’ve got a Nikon 85mm f3.5 followed by a full set of Kenko extension tubes (68mm in total). Up top we have a LP160 with a Lumiquest Softbox III. That softbox is rather big in relation to the bugs, which means the light will be nice and soft, even though I would have wished it wouldn’t have to be on camera.

As you can see, the whole thing is a bit bulky but it still seems to work quite well since I can now use both hands to keep it steady. Hopefully my technique can be improved with a lot of practice. That’s it, just wanted to show you guys what it looks like.

/Rifqi

Advertisements